Pizza Night!



This is my first post about food ...and most likely my last.  Cooking is not my forte, but I have gotten better at it over the years. Well today, as I was sliding our pizza into the oven (this doesn't even count as 'cooking') and said to myself  "Self, that is beautiful!"  So of course, the next thing that pops into mind... I must blog about this!  I guess that's my criteria for making the blog... beautiful design... where ever it may be. 


I've made many a pizza before but never have I done three kinds with the dough fitting ever so perfectly within the pan and the sun shining in our kitchen window offering the perfect light to capture all the colorful ingredients.  Typically I do 2/3 with everything I've got in the fridge (broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, onion, sausage, pepperoni, blah, blah, blah) and the other 1/3 with just olives, sauce and cheese for a certain someone in the family.  But today I happened to have fresh pineapple cut from the core and a leftover slab of ham... so Hawaiian pizza entered the mix.

I use to get those Boboli pizzas, but they aren't that good.  Then I remembered how my Dad used to bring home dough in a bag from the bakery on the weekends. It was fun to watch him throwing it up in the air and we'd get to pick the ingredients.  It was our late afternoon snack on a Saturday.  Dad is still a snacker... walking around the house offering tidbits on small plates to whomever he can find. 


So then I got to thinking... we have great bakeries here in town what am I doing buying this shrink wrapped prepared crust?! So one day I called up Dom's on Grand Street in Hoboken and ordered myself a couple bags of 1 lb dough. Awesome.  So good.  And only 1 buck a pop!  Has to be the cheapest food ever. Thank you Italy! 

What's your favorite 'go to' meal? 

Popular Posts