Handmade Friends

I can't believe all the talented artistic people I've met over the years.   I have some of them listed on the right side of my blog, but thought I should feature a couple that you might appreciate... but do check them all out!

I remember when a friend of mine in college started making guitars (how cool is that)... and now he's venturing into kids furniture (which now I think is even cooler!).  If I were looking for some toddler chairs, I'd snatch these up quick and paint them in any fun color I could imagine. You can buy them on Stephen's website.  


And if you're in the market for a moose, here's a pretty good looking one.  My daughter wants it to hang her hats on...



Another college friend has started an amazing jewelry business, Stubborn.  Melissa studied architecture along with me at Penn State and she went on to do the whole architect thing...   but on the side she was making jewelry...and I think she found her calling.  Always an amazing artist, it's no wonder that her pieces are like wearing works of art.  



And I just discovered that she offers fun ornaments on her website too...

    

And who couldn't use a versatile felted tote!   Yes, she has those too...




Speaking of bags... I've got a friend here in Hoboken that makes THE most fun bags around... along with dresses, hats,  and other accessories at M Avery Designs.    She uses vintage fabrics for her pieces and again the creations are like works of art...


She even has the supplies on her website to make your own.  Or you can buy her book or read her blog! Who knew it was so hip to sew... well,  Megan offers lots of great classes so you can get in on the fun too. Right now she's offering a class to make this versatile bag found at BurdaStyle...




 And my daughter loves the kids classes... with my favorite project being the most adorable house slippers!



All this arsty talk has gotten my creative juices going. What kind of craft project can I come with for a 6 year old who happens to have no school today?!  Any ideas... anyone... anyone?  

 

Popular Posts