595 Days to Venice...Here in Hoboken

MackeyBlue had a "Meet the Artist" afternoon last weekend and I managed to get over there to check it out.  And I'm glad I did!  There was beautiful artwork, lovely people and I was able to have a glass of wine with no little person tugging on my pants!

But seriously the artwork is great; if you're in Hoboken you should stop by. The work is by Lynn Hofher and the photographic series is called "595 Days to Venice".   For more info you can go to MackeyBlue's new blog.  Here's a teaser of Lynn's work...


Karen Marsh, the owner of Mackeyblue, hosts a get together with wine and cheese when a new artist's work is put on display.  You can get on the mailing list to be notified of these events and new items that have come in to the store.

I took some photos at the event... and hey, there's the artist!




Spending time there sipping my wine, I started to reminisce about working with Karen to get the store set up way back in 2006.  The lighting, tin ceiling, paint, wallpaper, and the signage...


Someone mentioned how much they liked the wallpaper, which is great to hear.  We took a lot of time to find a pattern and hue that would be fun, yet homey, and go with all the blue-greens that Karen loves.  I think she ultimately found the wallpaper on Ebay!


These great images have me thinking about our trip to Venice with the family.   Hmmm, I think I've got a topic for another post... Canal hopping with the in-laws!

If you get a chance to check out MackeyBlue and the artwork, let me know what you think!

Popular Posts